"Wow. Maybe it's just the hype, but I love this game."
"I would recommend Unveil if you don't like survival handed to you on a plate."
"Unveil's simulation (...) creates a very unique and intricate survival game."
"There's not a lot of handholding at all, which I adore. It feels natural and logical."
"It's a beautiful little gem: challenging, fun and peaceful"
"The first 'tutorial' is more an indication of the brutal trial that await you."
"Simple yet addicitive, just like crack!"
"Underestimating the elements is a good way to get yourself killed."
"Unveil is difficult, realistic, and enjoyable and doesn't need to throw monsters in your face to make it so."
"Resource management is everything."
"Unveil intrigued me due to it's complex survival systems."
"The river dried up the second it got hot. 10/10"
"The music is great, really really great"
What's in the game
Please note this list is provided as example and may not represent the full list of features implemented.
- Survival in nature based on concrete objectives, or as long one can last.
- 11 scenarios, plus a huge Free Roam scenario to survive as long you can.
- Deep and detailed simulation of:
- weather cycle
- planet rotation
- weather events
- body temperature
- air dissipation
- persistent fauna life (animals and fish), including DNA, growth, reproduction and extinction
- flora (water absorption, photosynthesis, fertilization)
- fire (released energy turned into photons and heat - used on Campfires and Torches)
- campfire and torches (reactive to wind speed, air humidity, rain, fuel)
- ambient temperature of closed environments (such as caves)
- Seasonal cycle bound to planet rotation and altitude location.
- Snow support with derived mechanics (frozen lakes, snow collecting and melting...)
- Dynamic water level bound to weather simulation.
- Energy mechanics: Spend Energy in virtually everything, from walking to climbing, crafting or picking up resources. Replenish by eating food. If you don't eat, you will starve to death.
- Hydration mechanics: Water is spent for your body to function, and also on sweating (variable). Drink water to replenish. If you don't drink water, you will dehydrate to death.
- Body temperature: Keep your body temperature neutral by taking baths, staying out of sun rays, or crafting weareables that can protect from sun, rain, or help keep your body temperature higher.
- Plants & harvesting, animal trapping, and fishing.
- Water collection from rivers, cracks in rocks, rain itself. Use of water containers to transport water or tend your plants.
- Exploration of environment to discover new places, granting new opportunities, at the expense of Energy required for walking and time spent on it. Yet not a walking simulator.
- Verticality: Climb up and down from short cliffs, use long climbing vines to rappell off longer ones, opening new shortcuts to come back through.
- Making paths: Construct short bridges, use a machete to safely cross tall grass, and setup long climbing vines to come back from tall cliffs you cannot otherwise climb up.
- Injuries and Pain: You may take optional yet dangerous shortcuts, that save time but may lead to injuries. Rest to recover from injuries, make and apply bandages to reduce pain inflicted while walking, or aloe vera to speed up recovery.
- Weight: No inventory limit, no slowdowns. However, the more Weight you carry, the more Energy you spend while walking. Take only the necessary on an exploratory hike (to find a new food or water source), optimizing your survival chance.
- Survival widgets: When life gives you lemons, you squeeze the last drop out of it. Outsmart nature with widgets like the Humidity Condenser or Desalinator.
- Some items can be:
- crack opened
- thrown at fire as fuel, or to put it off
- ignited as torch
- used as water containers
- salvaged into different components
- split in slices
- used as bait
- and more...
- Easter eggs, maybe. Unconfirmed. Who knows.
- Particle system, bound to simulation (wind speed, humidity, precipitation, etc...)
- Steam support: Overlay, Achievements, Cards, Screenshots, and CloudSave
- Gamepad & Keyboard support. Includes rebindable Keyboard keys and multiple Gamepad layouts to pick from.
- Tokens: Unlock and equip up to 3 tokens to make your survival build, granting you unique benefits while surviving.
- Settings for:
- keyboard keys rebinding
- gamepad key layouts
- interface (temperature units, weight units, time format)
- graphics settings (fullscreen, resolution multiplier, graphics quality)
- audio (master, SFX, music, UI, ambient & weather)